+ Running gear
+ Regular servicing
+ System of an exhaust
+ Cooling system
+ Fuel tank and fuel pump
+ Air filter and channels of absorption
+ System of injection
- Transmission and main transfer
Noise in a transmission
Electronic control by a transmission
Check of cuffs of power shafts
The help at malfunctions
+ Suspension bracket of wheels and steering
+ Wheels and tires
+ Electrotechnical equipment
+ System of ignition
+ Alarm equipment
+ Tools and devices
+ Heating and ventilation
+ body Details
Search of malfunctions
Engine capacity is transferred by means of coupling to an entrance shaft of a transmission. On this entrance or power shaft there are 6 gear wheels (including transfer of a backing) which are constantly connected to six corresponding gear wheels on a so-called output shaft. These gear wheels can freely rotate until at inclusion of a certain transfer there is no coupling of one of gear wheels with the corresponding opposite gear wheel on a power shaft. The ratio of number of teeth of each couple of gear wheels gives the corresponding step of transfer. In our Audi – as well as in all cars – there are completely synchronized forward transfers. Also transfer of a backing to avoid a gnash at inclusion of this transfer is in addition synchronized.
Gear wheels on driving and output shaft lean on "needles" (shtiftovidny rollers). Thus, there is no rigid connection between shaft and gear wheels. Gear wheels as it was already told, remain always linked.
When switching transfer connection between a gear wheel and shaft, but not between gear wheels is created. To synchronize the frequency of rotation of a shaft and gear wheel, one detail of a shaft slides concerning one detail of other shaft by means of frictional elements.
Thanks to friction the shaft rotating quicker slows down until at synchronous rotation the connection providing transfer of a power stream is not able to be created. As for synchronization of number of turns fractions of a second are required, it is not necessary "to tear" with a force the gear shifting lever, especially at the cold engine and still dense oil in a transmission.
The problems connected with gear shifting
If transfers switch hardly or after the long parking switching has a heavy course, most often the source of malfunction is in coupling, but not in a transmission (see the section Help at malfunctions in the head Stsepleniye). The adjustment of gear shifting described below serves to bring the gear shifting lever into the correct situation and thanks to it to correct the switching courses.
Adjustment of the mechanism of gear shifting
On this model of the car in a section the gear shifting mechanism is well visible:
1 and 3 – fixing nuts of the case of the spherical mechanism of gear shifting (2);
4 – rigid core of operation;
5 – gear shifting rod.
- Unscrew the gear shifting lever handle.
- Remove gear shifting lever cuffs, for this purpose take out the lower frame of a cuff from clips.
- Put the gear shifting lever in neutral situation.
- Installation in the longitudinal direction: check distance "and" = 37 mm if it is necessary, adjust it as follows:
- Slightly weaken a bolt "2" (drawing below) and shift a gear shifting lever payment so that the distance was correct.
- Tighten "2" with the moment of an inhaling of 25 Nanometers.
- Adjustment in the cross direction: weaken nuts "3" and "4".
- Tighten a nut "3" on 25 Nanometers, a nut "4" – on 10 Nanometers.
- Weaken a bolt "1".
- Put the gear shifting lever vertically with an easy inclination back and establish so that both ledges of a spherical emphasis were at identical distance from the spherical case.
- Tighten a bolt "1" on 25 Nanometers.
- In the end check functioning: the gear shifting lever in neutral situation has to be in the plane of the 3/4th transfer.
- By switching check all transfers. Pay thus attention to functioning of blocking of a backing.
- Exact installation: if installation still did not yield satisfactory results, weaken nuts of "3" and "4" cases of the spherical mechanism of gear shifting.
- Shift the lever to the right against the stop (transfer) and at the same time wring out the spherical case to the gear shifting lever to the left.
- Holding the called details in this situation, again tighten nuts "3" and "4".
Adjustment of the lever of gear shifting in the longitudinal direction: the and size is equal 37 mm.
Adjustment of the mechanism of gear shifting: in this drawing figures designated the bolts and nuts mentioned in the text.
Adjustment of the lever of gear shifting in cross situation: both ledges of a spherical emphasis have to be at identical distance "and" from the spherical case.
To get access to the adjusting screw of the lever of gear shifting, it is necessary to lift a cuff (2). For this purpose take out from grooves of fastening (arrow) of the lower frame of a cuff. Then remove sound insulation (1). Further are visible:
3 – spherical emphasis;
4 – spherical case.