Check of idling of the lever of the emergency brake
Cable of the emergency brake on the case of a back brake support
Brake of the emergency brake in the quattro model
Brake of back wheels in the front-wheel Audi model
- Operation of the emergency brake has to begin with the third clamp of the lever.
- At entry into a groove of the fourth tooth back wheels have to be blocked.
- There is a way of the lever longer, it indicates the erased back brake slips or the stretched brake cables as the emergency brake strongly stretched at each parking.
- Usually adjustment of the emergency brake is necessary only when replacing a cable.
Replacement of a cable of the emergency brake
- Lift and record back part of the car.
- Weaken the emergency brake.
- Dismantle the heat-shielding screen of system of an exhaust in the field of directing a cable of the emergency brake.
- For this purpose there can be necessary a dismantle of part of system of an exhaust.
- Weaken a cable of the emergency brake on the adjusting device, for this purpose take out the fixing collar of an adjusting element and against the stop put the adjusting clamp.
- On the end of a cover of a cable on a brake support wring out a spring bracket and remove a nipple of a brake cable from a control lever.
- Only in quattro!: take out a cable of the emergency brake from the back axis directing at height. Squeeze for this purpose a sleeve of the directing.
- Now take out a cable from various arms on a back axis and on the bottom of the car and remove it.
- At height of the lever of the emergency brake under the bottom of the car wring out a cover of a cable of the emergency brake from the console (use a screw-driver).
- Dismantle back part of the average console in salon (the head Salon).
- Take out from a yoke cables on the lever of the emergency brake.
- Remove brake cables down.
- Installation of new brake cables: on a yoke of the emergency brake remove the inserted plastic details if they are (do not put them any more).
- Screw-driver record a yoke on average situation.
- Establish cables of the emergency brake from below and hang them on a yoke.
- Insert a cover of a cable of the emergency brake into the console on the car bottom (under the lever of the emergency brake) and enter into a groove.
- Stretch a cable of the emergency brake on the bottom of the car and put on a control lever brakes of back wheels.
- Adjust the emergency brake.
Adjustment of the emergency brake
At the left: so the screw-driver fixes on average situation a yoke of the emergency brake.
On the right: a type of the lever of the emergency brake with the dismantled average console (back part):
1 – yoke;
2 – nipples of cables of the emergency brake (3).
Thanks to the automatic mechanism of adjustment of disk brakes the emergency brake needs to be adjusted only after replacement of a cable or a brake support.
- At least vigorously press once a brake pedal.
- Open the emergency brake (the lever of the emergency brake below).
- Dismantle an ashtray at back seats in order that there was available a reverse side of the lever of the emergency brake (with a yoke).
- Screw-driver record on average situation a yoke on the lever of the emergency brake.
- Lift back part of the car from two parties and record.
- Weaken a cable of the emergency brake in the adjusting mechanism, take out for this purpose the fixing collar of the adjusting mechanism and put against the stop the adjusting clamp.
- Shift the device of rough adjustment in the adjusting mechanism.
- Now put the adjusting clamp of the adjusting mechanism until there is visible a groove of the fixing collar.
- Again insert the fixing collar.
- Evenly stretch in different directions the device of rough adjustment on both covers of brake cables so that brake cables were tense, but the control lever did not rise from an emphasis on a brake support yet.
- Take out a screw-driver from a yoke on the lever of the emergency brake.
- Three times highly pull the lever of the emergency brake.
- Double-check a preliminary tension of cables of the emergency brake: at the weakened emergency brake control levers on brake supports have to rise from an emphasis at most on 1,5 mm.
- If a preliminary tension not such, it it is necessary to correct by means of exact installation of the adjusting mechanism.